Monday, May 28, 2018

TWO BEST WORDS IN SPORTS

GAME SEVEN

That is what LeBron called them--the two best words in sports.  I try to tell myself that he is right and that he wants to honor all the effort that it takes to force a seventh game.

He is certainly in the thick of it--he is the driving engine for the Cleveland team. But I am a little afraid of the finality of game seven and the desperation that the teams show.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST END AND ALL BAD THINGS TOO.
So something will end tonight.
  I GOT MY CAVS CAP ON

I must admit that when the score is too lopsided against the CAVS, I change the channel.   But right now it is just a 5 point difference.
I would like to see them battle  on. 

Yes,The Ghosts of the Garden were there, but the Basketball Gods, who like to play with us, had other ideas.

Well LeBron just charged up the court with the ball,
pass it to Kyle I yelled and then when he ran by him I said Ok maybe Green, he kept going,

OK OK do it yourself and he did  even though SMART  had posted himself into an illegal position in front of him and took the charge and fell. 
So now  we are going to the half with a  small 4 point  lead.
 I WILL TAKE IT!

Of course, we all  take away  what we can from that great display of athleticism and high Basketball IQ that LeBron  displayed last night.

Also his patience with his teammates and his refusal to give up on them.  In some magical world of generosity and support LeBron  kept passing the ball back to his teammates and several of them seized the  opportunity to advance to the FINALS OF THE NBA.

I was so glad to see  Hill and Green  gain energy and momentum. AND when the  game was over, I laughed when JR  grabbed the trophy and took it out of TD GARDEN--with his team --as if he were afraid that they might leave it  behind.
After all Paul Pierce was perched on the sidelines poised to hand the trophy to his beloved CELTICS. 

LeBRON teaches the same  gospel-- play the hand that you are  dealt.  He does this not by saying it, but  by doing it.

In this way he made the best of the resources of the Cleveland team and he roused them to greatness again

.ON TO THE FINALS!!






No comments:

Post a Comment