Wednesday, May 30, 2018

DO I WANT TO WATCH THE NBA FINALS?

         STOP THE SLAUGHTER 
        IN THE THIRD QUARTER

 I am not filled with enthusiasm. I do not want to watch another Curry and the GSW  victorious. I do not want to see LeBron hasten his demise by doing too any super-human feats on the basketball court.

Will I have my TV tuned  to the game on Thursday night?  Yes, I would be lying if I said --NO WAY.

But I will also carefully look for and select a movie on  one of the other channels.  I will put it in the Last Watched and I can switch in an instant if  I hate what I am seeing.

I am going to wear my CAVS CAP  and I did jump to it and ordered a LeBron  Finals Shirt.  SO I will be in full regalia  for those few minutes that  my team is in the lead.
Then if they lose,  I will pull my shirt off like LeBron did in the tunnel when they lost the finals and he announced his flight to MIAMI.

I would like to take my talents elsewhere--any where with a milder winter and a more accessible house.

But my Aunt Grace once said something about my father and now I know she was right:

The Jenckes' are like the Blackstone River--we can run through Pawtucket  but we can never really leave.

SHE WAS A WISE WOMAN-- and she was right, even Norman came back.
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment