Sunday, May 27, 2018

GOOD ADVICE---IMPOSSIBLE TO FOLLOW?

ACT OLD LATER -- ON SECOND THOUGHT 


IS AGEING A PERFORMANCE OR IS IT A CRUEL PHYSICAL FACT?
When ever I look up and see it dangling on the wall, I laugh. When, three years ago,  my grand daughter visited  with her mother, my wonderful daughter-in-law Charlotte, we went to a few galleries and little gift shops in Charlestown.  I saw the sign--act old later-- and picked it up for a while, and then she surprised me by buying it for me.  It is good advice.  I can' t always  follow it because I am  feeling so  stiff and sore with my  herniated discs and my  inability to walk  pain free.

I want to do more than I can do. RE-READ that --it is madness-- that is a path to frustration and finally despair.
But now I ask myself another question.  Am I doing all that I can do?  Intellectually and creatively, I have decided to concentrate on what I can do--which is reading and writing.  I am doing both more systematically and more on a daily basis.
 THEREFORE MORE ENTRIES AND ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG

I finally  put a collection of poems together for  a volume called
DEMENTIA:THIS UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY.(Available on AMAZON) 
It contains poems that  reflect  my growing understanding and concern  about my mother's multi-infarct dementia that emerged before she died in 1997 and my husband's diagnosis in 2006 of early Alzheimers. 

 I decided to be real about my resources and to  finally do what I can do  and keep pushing on that frontier.  
I can write and publish.  I have sent out more poems and have had more  acceptances.
What about in the physical realm--I used to swim at the YMCA three times a week..But I am using a walker and feel unsteady on wet tile. So much as I love swimming -- it must wait.  It is my one pain free  movement.

WHAT CAN I DO?  I am able to use the stationary  bike I have in my  study area.  So in the same vein as do what I can--I will  begin to  use the  bike daily.
Let's take it to the limit--one more time-- let's see where the limits are now.  
KEEP PUSHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment