Friday, May 4, 2018

23 SCORED 43

He gave us a spectacular demonstration on how to play basketball last night. I will  replay in my mind many times those step-back shots,  the fade -away shots and the  lingering,  hovering  long threes. .LeBron James  and Kevin Love were like a well-oiled machine of  productivity. And the Raptors went down hard for the second time in the series.I was a little annoyed when watching the post game later that the comments were so grudging and so not on the Cavs side. SAMPLE--What can the Raptors do now to stop James?
I hate to be  the one to break the news but  there are a lot of people who do not want to see anyone stop LEBRON--and they don't all live in CLEVELAND. When I hear the comments that are so negative or faint praise I just assume that the person speaking is taking too many tips from Vegas and had money on the CAVS GETTING BEATEN.  Not me--I follow my heart--and that is going  to be tough if and when the Cavs and the Celtics end up contesting for the EAST>
I will feel good  whoever wins between those two but I won't know who to yell for. And I won't be able to wear my CAVS cap that I do feel played some small part in their last three victories.

Speaking of VICTORIES--a poem of mine was recently published  in an online poetry journal called THE GHAZAL PAGE.

The International Journal of English Language Ghazals / since 1999

Ghazal of Heartbreak

Like one whose funeral date is already decided I espouse my heartbreak.
If I complain of sleeplessness, blame the bed louse of heartbreak.

Today mail from my Alma Mater:“Using the language given below”
they tell me how to phrase my bequest, they arouse my heartbreak.

Rudderless, drifting, the Captain asleep at the wheel;
on this ship of fools no one can douse the Heartbreak.

I am nothing without my Cordelia complex.
Is he drunk? Is he my father? He’s the old souse of heartbreak.

Such a sudden ending, all about dementia, delirium, delusion,
tsunami in a desert — like a big girl’s blouse of heartbreak.

The wonder is not how brief life’s candle, but that we place one
in every window — need some light to carouse in heartbreak.

When did pursuit of happiness become an inalienable right?
Hamlet, B.B. King, Puccini taught me to grouse at heartbreak.

“Sunt lacrimae rerum” Virgil wrote; yes, we weep about the small
stuff, Bobby Burns knew even a dead mouse brings heartbreak.

Yesterday Norma read news of our perfect twin planet called Kepler,
Adam and Eve didn’t fall there, sleep now, in this dirty house of heartbreak.


Now that this has been published it is OK for me to post it here. I hope that you enjoy it. It is an old Persian verse form that  is a series of couplets, (stanzas of just two lines) that must end in the same phrase ( I picked of heartbreak)
and  have a rhyming word (WORDS THAT END IN OUSE)  and  should include in the next to the last or last stanza the name or nickname of the poet.
Hope you enjoy reading this --I enjoyed  playing with the rules and getting it written.

No comments:

Post a Comment