Wednesday, May 16, 2018

FORBIDDEN PLACES IN THE BUCKET

I CANNOT HELP MYSELF

There were several places that were absolutely off limits.  My mother told me to never go there.  They were all too dangerous and they were so close by.
Of course I went to every one of them.  Some of them I frequented regularly.  Some I even lured my friends in the neighborhood to keep me company. And only one turned out to be truly scary.

Here is the short list of  the places that my mother ruled off limits all  so close and tempting: 
1. THE BACK LOTS
2. THE BLUE POND
3.THE BARREL YARD IN DUNNELLS LANE
4.  DICKS VARIETY STORE.
5,THE DUG OUT AT MC COY

GUESS WHICH ONE WAS ACTUALLY SCARY AND DANGEROUS??

I will write about each--one at a time and tell all the truth --the shocking or/and dull details.

Meanwhile the scariest thing in my life right now is the EASTERN FINALS.  It is starting to feel like an exercise in futility--no matter who wins  they will still have the Mount  Everest of  the National Finals--the Warriors ahead of them and  a final agonizing defeat. 
Nobody said this journey was going to be easy. After all, the Perfect One said two words--FOLLOW ME-- and started trekking to CALVARY



2 comments:

  1. Don't remember Dick's Variety Store. But I certainly frequently all the others. Sledding was great in the "back lots".

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, and do you recall that they would do a controlled burn in the Back Lots? Also good for rolling down the hill.
    Here's a hint Dicks was at the corner of Melrose and Rhode Island--a strange triangular shaped building. Still there but someone must live-- there no sign of the store.

    ReplyDelete