Sunday, June 3, 2018

TAKING OUR TALENTS TO----------------

WELL--- JR DID A GOOD THING -- THEY GOT THE REBOUND AFTER THE FREE THROW

Then he dribbled it all away.

Is there a lesson here.  Yeah--for LeBron get out of Dodge.
For JR hope that you are allowed to play  in the Finals on Sunday
For Lue  try to call and use all of your time outs.  Learn from Brad. Having slept on this early reaction--
I came up with a  better notion 

 YES-- from the GOSPELS

LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS

How does that connect to what  happened on the basketball court ?
Or as an old  song  asked  -- 
WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?
 People  who play basketball must love the game.
There is no doubt that LeBron loves the  game
And surely whatever we may think or hear of his  "Basketbal IQ"
JR also loves basketball.  He  did not screw up on purpose.

While I was working on  another essay project I suddenly felt that maybe LeBron would have something  to say and I put the NBA channel on and  sure enough he was  coming to the podium.
Sometimes I think that there are things  I need to see and hear and these promptings  which I pay attention to seem to bring them to  my mind.
Sure enough LeBron was filled with good  advice.  What I love about him--or I should say--one of the many things that I love is that he remembers where he came from. And when the reporters asked him  how  the CAVS would recover from the adversity of Game One.  

HE stopped them at the word ADVERSITY.

If losing a First Game in  the NBA Finals in Overtime is your idea of adversity--you do not know what adversity is.

SO RIGHT AND SO GENUINE.  It is not adversity--it is fun!!
And I thought we are on the same wave length. IF this is adversity --you have lived a charmed life.  LeBron and I have not lived a  charmed life.
 SO AGAIN  HE TELLS THE TRUTH AS I KNOW IT TOO.
I guess that is the secret of deep fandom--the fan--me--thinks she understands the star LEBRON
and when the star speaks the fan thinks that he is telling something that shows they share some of the same values and priorities. 




No comments:

Post a Comment