Tuesday, June 26, 2018

BEAUTY AND The BUCKET

Sharing the Simple Pleasures  of  Pawtucket

My grand daughter and her mother arrived here last Thursday and I have been sharing the delights of  Pawucket with them,   Maybe because so much of my delight in  this place was shaped by childhood experiences,  I depend on memory and I see always what is not  here.  But  for my  guests I have  had to concentrate on what is still here or what has been added to enjoy this scene.

And I have  found things that I had been  looking at but really looking through--always  picturing what used to be.  My grand daughter Rowan cannot see what is no longer here. But she can see what is here and that has helped me to see these places afresh and with  some present day delight.  

The geese and their goslings in various stages of development were on full display on Monday when we visited Slater Park. So Rowan walked amidst them for awhile and was quite smitten.  

She also had a  positive experience  at Sunset Stables  at Lincoln Woods,  They  rode our together  mother and daughter through the woods with a small group of other riders, No mishaps and everyone happy if a little sore today,

Today they got off quite early to  get one of the fast  ferries to Block Island. And from all reports they are having a great experience On a special tour and had a lovely lunch.  They will come back to the Bucket tonight.  

I spent four quiet hours this afternoon  working on some of the FOUND poems from my past  that turned up in old journals or poem folders. Ones  I started but never tried to publish.

JUST NOT PERFECT ENOUGH! I am treating any that I still  think have something worth developing  as drafts and really find it fun to play with their form and improve sound and images.

No comments:

Post a Comment