Friday, August 3, 2018

THE GREATEST LOVE POET HAFEZ SHIRAZ

I KNOW HE IS NOT ON MY LIST.
 BUT HE IS THE FOUNDATION FOR ALL POETS AND POETRY EVERYWHERE. 
SO YOU MUST MEET HIM,


This ancient Persian Poet, HAFEZ SHIRAZ, (1315-1390) is a mystic and considered love to be the center of all things.
So do we, if we are Christians.  Christ said repeatedly that Love is all that matters.
PAUL  TOLD US -- So there remains three things, FAITH HOPE AND  LOVE  But the greatest of these is LOVE.

Here is how Hafez writes about Love--

___

It Felt Love

How
Did the rose
Ever open its heart

And give to this world
All its
Beauty?

It felt the encouragement of light
Against its
Being,

Otherwise,
We all remain

Too

Frightened.

____

The Day Sky

Let us be like
Two falling stars in the day sky.

Let no one know of our sublime beauty
As we hold hands with God
And burn

Into a sacred existence that defies -
That surpasses

Every description of ecstasy
And love.

___


Faithful Lover

The moon came to me last night
With a sweet question.

She said,

"The sun has been my faithful lover
For millions of years.

Whenever I offer my body to him
Brilliant light pours from his heart.

Thousands then notice my happiness
And delight in pointing
Toward my beauty.

Hafiz,
Is it true that our destiny
Is to turn into Light
Itself?"

And I replied,

Dear moon,
Now that your love is maturing,
We need to sit together
Close like this more often

So I might instruct you
How to become
Who you
Are!

____
The Subject Tonight is Love

The subject tonight is Love
And for tomorrow night as well,
As a matter of fact
I know of no better topic
For us to discuss
Until we all
Die!

__



WHEN I WAS IN GRADE SCHOOL at Saint Joseph's MY FAVORITE TEACHER WAS A  SISTER  OF MERCY and  she showed me one day the motto inside her  wedding ring-
-AMOR SINE MODO
LOVE WITHOUT MEASURE
that was her theory and, dear reader, that was her practice.










No comments:

Post a Comment