Wednesday, July 3, 2019

IMPORTANT DAY COMING SOON

MY 76 th BIRTHDAY IS FRIDAY JULY 5

It only comes once a year and I usually don't  mark it--but this year feels different.
Not only does it feel like an achievement to be looking at 76 years completed--it also  feels like a victory.
It reminds me of one of the titles of a  volume of verse by 
DH Lawrence  LOOK,  WE HAVE MADE IT THROUGH!

One of my best friends Elaine will bring lunch and  home made biscuit  style strawberry shortcake over  to celebrate the  day. I have also invited my old friend Maureen. I hope that she can make it and join us.

I do feel that something has happened.  I am not sure that we have made it through, but maybe we are in a clearing.  Like breaking through a thicket and being able to  gather strength in a more  hospitable  setting.
It is a  kind of breathing space, and I am grateful to be here.  It may not look so good to others.  Since I am still housebound and do require  special care and  can do little on my own.  But my skin peeling is less  radical and my  ability to think and read and write is reviving slightly. Also my ankles have appeared again and  my swollen legs and feet have recovered their usual size.

All good signs--and I will not discourage me and you, Dear Reader, with a catalog of the  BAD SIGNS.
My appetite is poor, but  I am trying to make healthy choices .  I don't really have much choice because my resources are so limited.

So that is how I am closing down my 76th year on PLANET EARTH.
Let's see where we go from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment