Friday, July 26, 2019

AFTERSHOCKS IN THE BUCKET?

No not the aftermath of earthquakes but  a basketball team in Wichita

Last night  I came upon a pretty good basketball game--not from the past but being played live.
I found it because each night when I go to bed -- very little stamina these days-- I  must find something that Yash will watch.  There is really only one thing--BASKETBALL.

Usually he settles for whatever I find.  Old finals NBA games on the NBA channel or WNBA  happening live. Or even old dunk contests.  He watches them contentedly.

But sometimes  I have  chanced on something called BIG 3 Basketball and even Yash draws a line there.
These are teams it seems with only 3 men playing on each side and  playing only half court and moving very slowly.  These  I have learned are retired NBA basketball players who can still lumber around.
But I find it dispiriting I want to remember them in their glory not  moving so slow. I want to believe that old NBA champs age better than me.

So finding CBT was a treat. It seems to be a small league of  college  Alumni and they  still  move well and have good shots.
The game last night was in Wichita  which is the home of the SHOCKERS so AFTERSHOCKS is a pretty clever  name for Alums. Some interesting variations--in the  fourth quarter they
shut down the clock and they  set up a number and announce that the first  team to get to that  goal is the winner.

More like a pick up game of 21.  Also it seems that they will play seven games in the next few days and the winning team gets  2,000,000 dollars. YES TWO MILLION DOLLARS.
Look for the games on ESPN. See what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment