Wednesday, April 10, 2019

RED ROBINS IN THE BUCKET

A BIG SIGN OF SPRING AND THE  ETERNAL RETURN OF THE SEASONS.

This song came into my head first thing this morning when I woke up and looking out the window saw a  red-breasted robin literally  bobbin' along  in my neighbor's driveway. I only wish I had my window open to hear his joyous tweets.
So sitting on the side of my bed, I sang this song through and started the day  on a high note. Try the chorus--it will change your day.

Written by Harry Woods and released in 1926.  Made popular by Al Jolson and Bing Crosby--among others.
I heard a robin this morning
I'm feeling happy today
I'm gonna pack my cares up
And blow them all away

And what if I have been unlucky?
You know really I haven't a thing
There's a time I'll always feel happy
And happy as a king

(Chorus)
When the red, red robin
Comes bob, bob, bobbin'
Along, along
There'll be no more sobbin'
When he starts throbbin'
His old sweet song
Wake up, wake up you sleepyhead
Get up, get up, get out of your bed
Cheer up, cheer up the sun is red
Live, love, laugh, and be happy

What if I were blue
Now I'm walking through
Fields of flowers
Rain may glisten
But still I listen
For hours and hours
I'm just a kid again
Doin' what I did again
Singing a song
When the red, red robin
Comes bob, bob, bobbin'
Along

No comments:

Post a Comment