Friday, April 26, 2019

HOW DO I PICK MY BLOG ENTRY SUBJECTS?

I DON'T --THEY PICK ME!

I don't plan what to write on this blog.  I just have an itch and  I scratch it.  I have come to see that certain things I read  or hear or think about keep coming back to me. And I ponder them.  Now I do more than ponder; I try to write about them.  I have come to see that  things bother me for a reason, but I cannot always see the reason. Sometimes the reason comes clear in the process of writing the entry.

Oftentimes I begin a new blog entry and then after writing a paragraph or two I run out of steam. So I just stop.  The  entry is saved as a draft.  And when I view  the blog site I can see all the drafts.  Sometimes I have as many as six,  but usually there are three waiting to be  finished. When I am watching a  basketball game, I get the urge to  write about a  particular play. The next day I  will see if the play still seems as momentous. If it does, I will complete the entry and post it.  If not, I will discard it because sports comments become stale  pretty fast.

I always want to write about the Pawtucket of the past but  I want to stay positive. And sometimes these  praise songs become laments for all that has been lost here. I don't like that tone because I understand  that for the new generation--this is their one and only  Pawtucket.
I can't go too far with that thought because it feels now like such a diminished place to me. I want  to think  more about building Pawtucket up not tearing it down. 

 I have had some extravagant ideas about how to enhance the Pawtucket of the future.  Maybe I will share  some of those in  future blog entries. Like all creative people,  I am a bit of a fantasist--so maybe I can share the fantasy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment