Saturday, November 10, 2018

POST ELECTION INTERLUDE

KEEPING MY PROMISE

I promised my self that I would not look at the TV election news until Thursday.
I hated all the hype and the constant and terrible  ads for the local candidates.
I pretty much stuck to that resolve.  I am not going to comment on politics here. We are living in difficult times and  that makes our lives feel more uncertain.

Age brings its own uncertainties and the anxiety of civil discord surely adds to the sense of  malaise.
Has any one used that word since Jimmy Carter? Showing my age again.
I do wish there could be a TIME OUT called and maybe we could regain some perspective.

I am basking in the pleasure of having several of my poems published and seeing four of them in a substantial literary journal NINE MILE--  really gave me some sense of accomplishment.
And --wonder of wonders-  they paid me for them!! 

I am thinking and praying for all those people in the path of the terrible wildfires in California.  My son can now see the smoke clouds from his house.  That must be scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment