Tuesday, November 6, 2018

BRADY vs. RODGERS

JUST TWENTY MILES NORTH OF THE BUCKET

Gillette Stadium is that close--just 20 miles north on Route 1. I had been there on Friday to see my  doctor and have an ultra sound at the Brigham Hospital Annex built at Patriots Place.
That modern facility enables  me to see world class doctors without always needing to penetrate the traffic nightmare of downtown Boston. I live on a street right off Newport Avenue which merges with Route 1--so it is a straight shot for me and no super highways  involved.
An epic battle took place there Sunday night and I felt myself really enjoying an NFL game for the first time this season.
I must admit that the two wins on Saturday on  College football when Illinois (my ALMA MATER) and Syracuse (my husband's Alma Mater) each won their game set me up for the  happy victory.
Both QB12s are a joy to watch in action. They just do not have equal supporting casts -- but each clearly runs and calls his own game.

What I was most impressed by was  the dynamics and  drive of Cordarrelle Patterson  and Josh Gordon playing so aggressively with a  dislocated finger was pretty impressive.  Those are two new  faces to watch.
 I am not going to comment on the Celtics loss to the Nuggets. I wish that Isaiah Thomas  had been able to play more. Also I think the sense of being gritty and underdogs  has passed  from the CELTICS and taken with it the determination and poise that has allowed the CELTICS  to play so well at the close of last year.
Also Kyrie losing control when they lost and hurling a basketball into the crowd did not  increase their  poise; it showed that  the team leader  is a bit spoiled by the praise and expects easy victories. TIME FOR AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT .
 Remember the BASKETBALL GODS are very fickle

I leave you with one name ---  QB PATRICK MAHOMES--there is greatness there..

No comments:

Post a Comment