Sunday, July 1, 2018

JUNE IN MEMORIAM

LAST DAY OF A GRIEF  FILLED MONTH

I lost so many  great friends and relatives this past month.  I am going to list them here. I have already written about them:

Ranjit Kaur--my husband's sister, lived in Vancouver, lovely,lively lady. Great sister.

Robert Jenckes--my  first cousin and a dear friend and support through life, active and always helpful father, brother, husband and son

Jackie Demaline--an extraordinary woman--drama critic and arts writer  for the Cincinnati Enquirer. My best friend in Cincinnati.

Richard Greenberg-brilliant designer, creative genius and my friend from Grad school at Illinois.

Peter Vangel, Superintendent of schools and  great teacher. Father of my good friend Elizabeth  from Woonsockett.

Susan Edwards--great  friend in grad school. She was the person who helped to launch the journal LAVENDER WOMAN and later she  taught at Naropa in CO. Buddhist, philosopher and was a friend of Allan Ginsburg.

Now I must turn my self towards JULY. The month of my birth-- I was born on the FIFTH OF JULY,  Just a little too late for the 4TH OF JULY. So since it is my 75TH birthday,  and that is a big one.
I declare  all of JULY my birthday month.

In a way the celebrations have begun with my  visitors from California.  We  enjoyed an unusual series of  visits from friends and cousins and  old acquaintances. So our social life  has enjoyed a serious  upgrade.

I am increasingly thinking and planning for  my participation in the PAWTUCKET ARTS FESTIVAL in SEPTEMBER.
That will be taking up more of  my time and thoughts and probably will show up here.

So that is where we are on this first day of JULY and the biggest news--
LEBRON IS NOW A FREE AGENT!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment