Tuesday, April 7, 2020

WHAT MATTERS NOW?

I AM NOT IMPORTANT; we are all important together.

Much of this poem was written before the Coronavirus but now it has an update.  The best lesson of the virus is that we are all connected and that we are in a global  community.  Choices we each make  can and do affect everyone.

                     FILTHY LUCRE

 “Shall I turn up the light for you?  No, give me deeper darkness.
Money is not made in the light.”  Bernard Shaw. Heartbreak House

Young person cannot understand the old.
A healthy person can't fathom a sick one.
A rich person can't know the pangs of the poor.
Post-pandemic, new normal will not be the old.

Trouble is my middle name; bitcoin my ass;
spilled milk, body fluids, tears of things,
tears idle tears. Can you finish that line? 
 I labor the question. All depth.

No, surface, do I affect your effect?
Experience shapes us all.
My pastiche; your mustache.
Not panache, just pastiche.

I'm your camp follower, Cardinal,
your liquidity freezes my blood.
Today let's improvise your demise:
my trajectory meets your bottom line.                              

Work-world with no workers; life as play
to pay : catch and hold Stormy's story.
Pay and play strip polka. Feel me.
Dirty money needs Magdalen laundries.

Hard money buys soft bodies. Touch me.
Running the table - shut up and deal-
the not-you gropes the not -me.
How low can we go? Robot's rules.

Make me an offer I can upchuck.
Bite me bitcoin –reality bites.
Fixed past, floating future, hazy now:
three roads converge in a purple daze.

Sorry I have to take them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment