Tuesday, March 26, 2019

IS MARCH MADNESS MORPHING INTO MARCH SADNESS?

SAY IT AIN'T SO

Yesterday when I woke up I had to get my head around three huge stories:

DUKE ALMOST LOST THEIR GAME AGAINST  CENTRAL FLORIDA.

GRONK QUIT FOOTBALL

KYRIE IS PROBABLY ON HIS WAY OUT OF BOSTON.

That is a lot to absorb in one morning. I got through it with the help of my daily  dose of Sports info on  GET UP.

I have since been comforted by learning that I tied with another person in our pool by getting the most  games right in the first round. So I won a small monetary prize. And I will probably not win another because my brackets got busted badly in ROUND TWO.
Now I hear there is a guy out in Columbus OHIO who still has a perfect  bracket.  Check it out on NCAA Brackets and you will read his story.
No one has ever had a perfect bracket and it is a mathematical  extreme case.
But someone in OHIO is on his way.  GO BUCKEYES.

The game between DUKE and Central Florida was thrilling and should have ended differently. A foul was not called properly in the last few minutes and  would have gone against  Duke.  It was  a rare chance to see the  Duke Star Zion  against the Central Florida  7 feet 6 inch  Wonder  who does not even have to jump to get a dunk. The game  put on display Zion's lack of shooting skills and made it  look as if he has  astounded us with his massive physicality and his immense personal energy. Both of which make him vulnerable. Zion could benefit from another year  at Duke under the tutelage of COACH K.

I am glad that GRONK is leaving the Football field while he can still walk and talk pretty sensibly. I have always enjoyed his good humor caught as he is in a ridiculously sour and grim organization.
Some are saying that the GRONK Story is to distract us from the KRAFT story.  But I am OK with that and grateful for any distraction from the woes of the privileged.

Gronk brought an element or reality and  fun to the proceedings at Gillette. I  had with many others noticed his  slowed running in  the past season, and I felt for him every painful lunge and fall. 
Imagine how much more fun he would have had playing with a quarterback like Aaron Rogers, I hope  he enjoys his retirement.
PLEASE DON'T ENTER THE WRESTLING WORLD !

Kyrie is going to take another rest day.  I guess it is wearying to see a team blow an enormous point advantage  night after night.
But Kyrie does not know what to say that is not just finger-pointing. He never sees his own part in the drama.  He has his lines down perfectly, but he does not see that he could talk different  and be different. When he is doing his thing, no one handles a ball better and his moves  can still astound us. But he lacks insight and his sense of the value of others is very limited

TOO BAD AND TOO SAD. MY CELTICS DESERVE BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment