Wednesday, March 20, 2019

BRACKETOLOGY IN THE BUCKET

Time to change up and get our choices in for MARCH MADNESS.
HERE WE ARE WELCOMING THE SPRING EQUINOX--equal time of light and dark.

I recently read something written by someone who had spent many years  helping the poor. She said that  the poor taught her  to celebrate life because they celebrate life.  There is so much truth there.  The poor and certainly those who are sick and suffering come to appreciate  the preciousness of life.

I saw some of that joy this noontime when I went to bring my MARCH MADNESS brackets to our friend who runs THE BASKETBALL pool. We  stopped at the LaSalle Bakery, and I sent Yash in to get two zeppoles for me and him and two for my friend and her husband,  The bakery was crowded and since it also serves lunches it was also packed by people on their lunch time. 

 As I waited in the car I began noticing the  hundreds of children playing outside at a school across from the Bakery. They seemed so lively and exuberant. I noticed that they were running excitedly to a corner of the school yard nearest to me.  Looking more closely, I saw what the attraction was--three children were doing cartwheels.  They  were able to  do several in a row and they were thrilling their schoolmates.

I felt their exuberance and pure youthful energy.  It was  lively and charming. They were moving with the  joy of movement.  They were  celebrating their own youth and energy. They were totally caught up in the  joy of the  moment.
AS time passes and we age, I would like to move more towards CELEBRATION.This is the moment as the old ELVIS  song reminds us IT'S NOW OR NEVER 


No comments:

Post a Comment