Sunday, April 29, 2018

THE PLAYOFFS

You  probably guessed where I am these days.  Watching  my favorite teams  play seven games in the NBA Playoffs.  I had just enough time to recover from MARCH MADNESS  when they came upon us.
Yes I did say TEAMS --I am rooting for two teams  the BELOVED CELTICS and the  team that has a KING  leading them --Cleveland Cavaliers.

Now we have a crisis--somehow we have lost  my Cleveland cap that sat on the Back of the couch  all season.  Yash cannot find it. How mysterious ! N ow I see it under the couch.  SO now  it is placed firmly on my head for this  seventh game.  I hope the Cavaliers accomplish what the Celtics did last night.
MY devotion to the Celtics goes back to High school when I also played basketball for Saint Xavier Academy.  I had no  skill but I grew to 5 feet 9 inches and I can recall when the  nun-coach  gripped my shoulder--I want  you to tryout  for the team. AND I did and with no  skills but height I got picked.
You know the saying --YOU CAN'T TEACH HEIGHT.

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Knew you back in our St Joseph days. Remember you well.You bring back a lot of good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to know that someone is reading these blog entries. Did we call you Sandy and did you live on Kepler st? MY best friend was Lucille Boucher who lived on Columbus next to MCCoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing this again. The pad doesn't show that my latest comment went through. If you get this twice, I apologize.

      My name was Sandra Horton( now, Tomei). I lived on the third floor of the triple decker right across from the Pond Stree Market. It is now the Pond Street Florist Shop.
      I actually have been following your blog for several years, but just decided now to contact you.
      I finished at St Joseph's in 1955.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I know where the Pond St Market was . Do you recall the Fish and chips that the McMahons sold in their store on Fridays? Well, Kepler's not too far off--I kept on getting memory images of someone who lived near Pond St. I Left St Joseph's in 1956 to go to Saint Xaviers. I got a scholarship and Sister Michaeleen urged ne to take it--so I did not graduate from Saint Joes because I left in the 8th. So you were two years after me? Do you remember Sr Michaeleen? Thanks so much for writing to me. Do stay in touch.

      Delete
    3. I would have been 2 years ahead of you. I graduated from Sacred Heart in 1958, 60 years ago. Where did that time go?
      I remember Sr Michaeleen very well. I had her in both 7th and 9th grade. She was great. I had a brother in the seminary so she she took to me because she had a brother a priest. She just died within the last year. My brother was ordained in 1958, but left the priesthood in 1965.
      Keep posting. I love reading them, especially what you remember about growing up in our area of "the bucket "

      Delete