Saturday, December 5, 2020

SECRET SHARER IN THE BUCKET

Joseph Conrad--one of my favorite novelists-- has written  a novel  with that title  THE SECRET SHARER.


 I recently received not one  but two communications from someone who wishes to stay  an anonymous fan. This person  knew my home address and sent cards.  The second one was  to celebrate my  50th anniversary.


  I have been absent on my own  blog and this caused some concern.  I had another  visit to the Brigham and a surgical procedure --  I am now  in my second day  recovering at home.


These medical events are  difficult and   discouraging.  I have a bunch of new  appointments in December and I doubt my ability to keep them.

Time will tell; I certainly can no longer tell.


MY Secret Sharer tells me that he/she?  likes the fact that my blog recalls details of growing up in Pawtucket in the 50s.  I take that endorsement as a hint that she also recalls those times and that decade in this little city.


I enjoy recalling  that part of my life also, but recent events have demanded a more topical response.

  I have  made a point of staying away from politics and  yet, I could not evade the pandemic and the effect that it has had on so many people.


Even the Brigham seemed changed--chaotic and  over run- in my recent visit there.

I am glad to be home  And I will try to return to the 1950s in my blog. STAY TUNED!


1 comment:

  1. How strange it must have been to be at the Brigham during Covid 19. Chaotic and over run describes it well.

    It's fascinating to have a secret friend. And I loved your reference to THE SECRET SHARER by Conrad and naked Leggatt, sleeping in the captain's bed and hiding in the bathroom. I remember wondering if Leggatt was real or if the captain somehow conjured him.

    I love that your secret friend IS real.

    ReplyDelete