Saturday, November 21, 2020

DARK TIMES IN THE BUCKET

 TUNING UP TO SING AGAIN IN THE BUCKET


Been back about a week after spending more time in hospital and rehab.  And believe me it is not a good time to be in either  place during this pandemic


 IT WAS A VERY LONELY EXPERIENCE. 

EVERYONE HAS TO ISOLATE FOR 14 DAYS. ALSO NO ROOM MATE AND WHEN NURSES COME IN OR  A CNA THEY  MUST GOWN UP AND PUT ON VISORS AND MASKS AND GLOVES. THEY DO EVERYTHING AS QUICKLY  AS POSSIBLE..

Draw blood or take vitals and leave. NO VISITORS!



But enough about me--- I Never like it when my blog takes a negative turn,

I hope after one more time in December  going to the hospital  I will be better and the Blog will recover too.


Then I came upon this poem.  That even --maybe especially-- in the DARK TIMES we must still sing.

excerpts from “Will There Be Singing”


Juliana Spahr

^
During these days,


I would wake up and my head would hurt 


and then I would realize that in my dream 


I had said to myself that I should write some poetry.


But my dreams never explained to me why.

 
Or how.


How to sing in these dark times?


It is true that I have been with poetry for a long time. 


Since I was a teenager.


Those loves of many years and our bodies changing

 together.


And yet also the deepening of this love. Despite.


That day with the breeze in the bar


And we said together, there needs to be some pleasure in 

the world


And next, poetry is the what is left of life.


And we pledged, more singing.


And we referenced by saying,


In the dark times. Will there also be singing?

 
Yes, there will also be singing. About the dark times.





SO I am back and so is the Blog--still 

singing.


1 comment:

  1. I love this. You bring us back to life:

    And we said together, there needs to be some pleasure in

    the world

    .
    And next, poetry is the what is left of life.

    ReplyDelete