Wednesday, July 8, 2020

BLUE COW ACTING UP IN THE BUCKET


PLAYWRIGHT COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET 
--OR IS IT THE BUCKET?


Those of you who read  this BLOG know that the Blogger--ME!!--is also a poet and very interested in Poetry.

What I have not blogged much about is that I am  also a playwright. 

That interest and  play productions were more  to the fore when I was still teaching drama and playwriting at the University of Cincinnati and having my own plays produced in various Cincinnati theaters.
It was an exciting time and deserves more attention.  But when I retired completely from teaching in 2012, I was drawn back into my first passion POETRY.

In recent years  due to the good influence of a former high school student of mine who is now a college professor,  I became a founding member of the BLUE COW GROUP--a group of playwrights who formed a support group that met twice monthly to read and  improve each other's plays.
Since I left the playwriting scene  a new phenomena of ten- minute plays  has mushroomed as a way to get new work performed, and also a way to bring  beginning playwrights to the attention of theaters. It was also a way to see new writing without commiting to a full length play production.

All this history is just to  introduce my Blog Readers to an opportunity to see some of  the work of the BLUE COW GROUP which is being  staged as part of the Providence Fringe Festival.
Due to the PANDEMIC these plays will be available on ZOOM and so anyone with a computer can watch them.

So in that spirit  of trying to find the upside of these trying times, I invite each and every one of you to  follow the link below and watch the plays  wherever you are on the globe.
This is an introduction. I will provide more specifics of time and date in future blogs.

 https://www.instagram.com/p/CCWoi16nuaK/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment