Thursday, November 21, 2019

LIMERICKS IN THE BUCKET

Garrison Keillor just inspired  me with his attempts at  the LIMERICK  form.


     Farewell to life on the links!
     The game is over! It stinks!
     The great plaid butts
     Bending over the putts,
     The hike to the clubhouse for drinks.

     Instead I will write at my desk
     Limericks, cool, humoresque,
     And if I need dough
     I'll go do a show,
     Either radio or strip burlesque.


As you can see it is a five line form in the rhyming pattern  of A-A_-B-B-_A

Pawtucket and the  bucket seem to cry our for use in this form.

There once was a girl from Pawtucket
Who left and then came back to the Bucket
What was I thinking? 
It's worse and it's shrinking!
Time to set sail for Nantucket.

Well that is my first attempt..


2 comments:

  1. Norma:

    A fine limerick and looks to me like it should be seen as being in final form.

    Embarassed to admit that I only just discovered your blog. 2018 was a very productive year.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that you have found us in the Bucket. Hope that you find things to enjoy; every week I find something interesting on your Prism blog.

      Delete