Friday, September 6, 2019

HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Not just the title to a great Bob Dylan Song but a description of aging, sickness with you and those around you weakening daily.

How does it feel
To be on your own
With No Direction Home
Like a rolling stone.

Or a recent poem  says it  with more  humor:

While I Was Sleeping
by Olivia Stiffler
my daughter's hair
turned gray.
Great nieces and nephews
returned from college
some with degrees
some with babies
some with the same bad habits.
My granddaughter
wore a boyfriend
handcuffed to her wrist.
My husband grew cataracts
and seemed confused.
As was I
waking to this drama
having skipped whole scenes
afraid
of the set-change crew.


"While I Was Sleeping" by Olivia Stiffler from Hiding in Plain Sight. © Olivia Stiffler. Dos Madres, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment