Monday, September 17, 2018

STILL IN THE GAME IN THE BUCKET?

THIS WEEKEND  I PUSHED THE ENVELOPE A BIT

This was the  weekend  of the Galway Kinnell Poetry Festival.  If you read this blog, you have seen my preparation as I looked up poets  and wrote about  those who  displayed my theme: 
POETS WHO CHANGED THE WORLD.

As is often true of me I over-prepared.  But the events  were this Saturday from 2-4 PM  where a small but distinguished group of friends gathered for my Workshop at  the Hampton Inn, and today a poetry reading at Stillwater Bookstore  in downtown Pawtucket from 2-4pm.  I think Yash summed it up well--as we drove away  he said "An unusual  event in Pawtucket and very important to bring people together  to read poetry."  So I  am glad that he  is aware still of such things. 

I am exhausted and a little unsure of how I would describe the experiences. Richard Howard, a great poet and old friend, would say about  times of exhaustion and emptiness that "It is time for the cistern to fill." Nothing to be anxious about.
 He was talking about the deep underground and largely unconscious streams and well springs of  creativity.  And for me that means reading and following  my peculiar interests for a day or so and let the wells of inspiration  get refreshed,
So if I don't post for a day or two,  you will know that I am reading and not writing.  Until the prompts arise again.
I declare a time-out,
I must wait.to get back in the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment