Thursday, March 13, 2014

SNOW! Now you see it--Now you don't --Now you see it !

I woke around 2 AM  and looked out the back window  to the yard that has been snow covered for so many weeks.  Much to my delight I could see the bare earth and the  bushes and trees that I had planted last Spring. 

  I started  thinking that  maybe I would find early bulbs pushing their bold green tips into the light  or muscari peeking  up or Lenten roses  in their shy blooming.  I turned over and went back to sleep smiling. 
 Then 4 hours later  I woke in the cold light of dawn and looked out--hard to believe and harder to accept-- the ground was again  covered in white and the snow was still falling.

So  now  my dreams of rising with the Spring and actually getting my car that has been abandoned in my driveway since December to start again are being severely tested. 
I still hope that on the great Saint's Day  I will  be able to get to see  Aunt  Anna and celebrate with her.  The Irish flag did not go out today because of the snow storm.  But I am back online and the problem of access to the internet seems to have resolved itself after  I shut the FIOS connection off and on. SO I can blog again.

This has  been a long, frigid, and snowy winter in the Bucket.  How have  you gotten through it?

No comments:

Post a Comment