Wednesday, May 23, 2018

O HAPPY DAY FOR EAST AND WEST CONFERENCE

HOUSTON SHOWS IT  CAN BE DONE TWICE

I almost missed it last night.  I  tuned in for the opening because I find SHAQ and Charles and Kenny so funny talking together.  I admire how Ernie manages  those  triple threats.
Then the game began and it looked like the start of a slaughter and I did not want to watch that.  So I looked elsewhere to the LITTLE WOMEN  show and even the Louisa May Alcott   bio story after with the real facts of the lives of the Alcotts.
I have visited the House in Concord many times and  have brought visitors and students there.  I have broken down and  wept there like I did when I visited the room where Keats worsened off the Spanish Steps in Rome. I was not the only tourist weeping and trying to stifle it all with a cough or noisy nose-blowing.
What struck me about the Alcott house was not how nice-- but how small and mean-- and I recall my thought:  Louisa you made much of very little. 
Now I see that is the job we all have -- because every moment is both so small and so HUGE-- sometimes just breathing is enough. My father always said: "you can only play the hand that you were dealt."

I could only stand so much of the Puritanical restraint and I turned back to the GAME ---AND GLORY HAD BROKEN LOOSE!!
Houston was in the lead.  Although the Warriors took back the lead, I stayed with the game until the  marvelous conclusion --THE WARRIORS MISSED SHOTS!!
My cousin Mike had discussed it all with me earlier in the day and he feared the worse.  But instead we have both conferences now in an even game situation. Some team must win two of the next three games.
 AND SOME TEAM WILL --IT IS NOW A BEST OF THREE SERIES.  STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment